I found a honey bee today flying in the bedroom. I love playing with bee toys from the Bee movie and I picked it up to have a closer look. The little fella was scared and stung me on my thumb! I should have been careful but this is my first experience with bees and I threw him right away and started screaming. Mom came running and saw my state and saw the bee. Dad rushed and found the sting and took it out without squeezing and then started the frantic side of all. Mom panicking, dad rushing with ice to rub on it all this while I was singing out loud (take that as screaming at the top of my voice with tears rolling from my eyes and sending everything berserk).
Finally, mom came up with this idea of rubbing a fresh cut onion juice on the wound and it really helped relieve the pain as it was cold and wet and works as a local anesthetic and ice helped too. Dad didn’t panic (He did. BIG time). I calmed down and slept off after some time. Mom and dad were watching out for any change in breathing pattern,, or swelling or allergies and luckily I didn’t have any. More than anything else, hugs, love, and kisses from mom and dad helped and I am a happy kid as always 🙂
Lesson learnt, next time don’t touch the bee and see from far! If you get stung, remove the sting, wash with water, use ice, onion juice and Calosoft to relieve pain and if you see any allergies, rush to ER.
Pic is from here.